Each month, I will:
- send emails to my city councillors and local representatives about disarming, defunding, and establishing alternatives to the police
- donate to mutual aid and bail funds
- read a book or a few articles on my reading list
In June, I will
- talk with my colleagues about campaigning to remove police on campus. join a meeting about this if one exists!
- watch and support protests!
In July, I will
- organize a monthly reading group with my colleagues
- schedule research talks over the next year with Black researchers
In August, I will
- dedicate two weeks of my time usually spent reading science papers to learning about the history of racism in science and how western science upholds modern imperialism
- organize an anti-oppression workshop for my department
In September, I will
- reflect on the actions I have taken and re-assess my action plan